Sunday, March 14, 2021

Does Regularly Mean Every Day?

I am taking a class online at Walden University called Communicating Through Media and Technology. Since I have been in the marketing field for many years, developed a couple of web pages, and used past and current technology on a regular basis, I was given the choice to replace this class with what is called a “Learning Portfolio”. I am also taking a grueling Algebra class through home study and since Math is not my strong suit, I really need to put more effort into passing that class. So, I wanted a “familiar topic” class to take concurrently with Algebra.

I created this blog page about 15 years ago, but I have not been posting regularly at all. According to Safko (2012), posting often will give your blog more visibility and increase the chances of your readers returning to your page. I would say that I normally use my Facebook page as a mini-blog and I do regularly post there, though not in paragraphs, per se. Memes and images of my new puppy have populated my profile, as of late, but a few years ago, Facebook had a tab called “Notes”, and I did write and publish there on occasion. 

One persons’ definition of regularly would be daily but another’s interpretation could be to post bi-weekly. How about you? If you currently have a blog, do you find that you post more on your social media than you do on your blog? What does “regularly” mean to you?

 Reference: Safko, L. (2012). The social media bible: Tactics, tools, and strategies for business success (3rd ed.). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.

No comments:

Post a Comment